CEREC One-Visit Restorations For Grafton & Auburn Residents
Repair Your Teeth in One-Visit with CEREC
Everything is getting faster these days. Whether it’s your phone, your computer, or even your car, speed is the name of the game. Fortunately, high-quality dental care has been able to keep pace with an ever quickening world. Thanks to CEREC in Grafton with Dr. Joe Kern, a person with chipped, cracked, broken, decayed, or misshapen teeth can have them completely repaired with customized all-porcelain crowns, inlays, onlays, and bridges in just one visit.
What Is CEREC?
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, or CEramic REConstruction. Despite being a mouthful, the way CEREC works is actually very easy to understand. It uses a highly-advanced 3D scanner in combination with a CAD/CAM program to make teeth restorations in a matter of hours, as opposed to weeks using the traditional method.
When you come in to get a restoration with CEREC, it will involve 4 basic steps:
· Dr. Kern will remove the damaged portion of your tooth and prepare it to fit the restoration.
· He will use the scanner to take a high-quality 3D image of your tooth and surrounding dental structure.
· This image will be given to the CAD/CAM program to design and mill your restoration while you relax in our office.
· Finally, your brand new restoration will be placed onto your tooth.
Why CEREC Is Better
CEREC is truly an amazing advancement for dentistry as a whole, and its benefits are truly illustrated when you compare it to the traditional way people usually get teeth restorations:
· Faster: Since everything is done in office and digitized, you can get your restoration designed and placed in just a few hours. The traditional method usually takes a week or more just to get it fabricated, while CEREC only takes half an hour to two hours at the most. Your time is valuable, and that’s why we help you save it.
· More Comfortable: Remember the gooey and messy dental impression material that you’ve had to use in the past? Previously, it was an unavoidable part of repairing your teeth, but thanks to CEREC’s 3D scanner, it is no longer needed. Not only does it make the process more comfortable, but it also creates a much more accurate model of your tooth, which will help make a restoration that will fit better and last longer.
· Higher- Quality: CEREC restorations are made from 100% dental porcelain. This material is very similar to natural tooth enamel, meaning that it will be stronger and look better than a traditional metal one. Dental porcelain can be specially shaded to match the rest of your smile, and even reflects light similar to real enamel. The end result is a tooth that blends seamlessly with the others that you can also rely on day to day.
How Can I Get a CEREC Restoration in Grafton?
If you’d like to get your damaged teeth repaired in the quickest, most effective way possible, you simply need to make an appointment with Kern Family Dentistry. This will give Dr. Kern the chance to examine your mouth and gums to determine if a CEREC restoration is the right solution for you. If it is, he can almost immediately start making it for you.
CEREC allows us to help more people while saving them weeks of time, and we’re proud to use the most advanced technology available to improve our patients’ results and experience with us. If you have damaged teeth and want to get them fixed today, just give your Grafton dentist a call.