September 23, 2020
Many people who have minor dental issues never go to the dentist because of concerns regarding time and cost. However, with cosmetic bonding treatment, there is a quick and affordable way that your dentist can fix imperfections. Wanting to make improvements to your smile shouldn’t mean that you need to commit to long, expensive treatments. Continue reading to learn more about the benefits of cosmetic bonding and what dental issues it can fix.
What Are the Benefits of Cosmetic Bonding?
Bonding uses a composite resin to correct cosmetic problems. It can be shaded, sized, and shaped to match or enhance the natural color and blend in with the rest of your smile. Here are some of the benefits:
- Minimally Invasive: Bonding is placed directly over your existing tooth enamel and is completed it just one visit. Your dentist prepares the surface of the tooth by etching the enamel with roughing gel and then coating it with a conditioning treatment so that the bonding material sticks to the tooth. Your dentist will then pick a shades that best matches your smile and mold the resin into place. The molding is then hardened using a special ultraviolet light.
- Affordable: This is one of the easiest and most affordable cosmetic dental procedures out there and it can be done in just one visit, unlike other effective treatments like veneers and crowns.
- Effective: Cosmetic bonding can solve a wide variety of issues and lasts for many years before it needs to be touched up or replaced. On average, tooth-colored bonding tends to last anywhere from 4-8 years. This depends on the location, bite, and your eating habits.
What Issues Does Cosmetic Bonding Fix?
This modern cosmetic procedure can fix the following problems:
- Gaps: If you are self-conscious about having small gaps between your teeth, cosmetic bonding is a viable solution. Bonding can fill these small spaces to give you a natural-looking gap-free smile.
- Misshapen Teeth: Many patients have teeth that are smaller or larger than others due to a variety of different reasons. Bonding can easily smooth over these differences and make your smile appear more uniform.
- Chips and Cracks: Dental bonding can easily help to repair small chips and cracks, restoring your tooth to its natural state.
- Protect Roots: If you have gum recession due to vigorous brushing or another issue, your tooth root can become exposed and lead to pain and sensitivity. Your dentist can fill this space with bonding and protect your roots from further issues.
If you have any of these cosmetic issues with your smile, dental bonding is a great, affordable solution. Having small problems repaired is easier than ever before.
About the Author
Dr. Joe Kern offers a variety of cosmetic options, including dental bonding, at his practice in Grafton, ND. He earned his doctorate at The Ohio State University and has been practicing dentistry for over two decades. For more information on how cosmetic bonding can benefit your smile or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kern, visit his website or call (701) 352-2013.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.